Bike to Work Powell River
Bike to Work Week!
BIke to Work Week is was a great success, you guys rock, dispite the rain, you kept riding. But on Sunday we saw the sun!
We will announce the results soon.
Check our facebook for images and draw winners and photos of the Celebration Stations and Comunity ride.
Thank you thanks you, keep on riding!
See our schedule for all the celebration stations.
The province-wide participation results for the 2012 Bike to Work Week held in May. Here are some highlights:
• 19,280 Participants (up from 15,203 in 2011)
• 3,474 First-time commuter cyclists (up from 2,877 in 2011)
• 3,106 Workplace teams participated (up from 2,401 in 2011)
• 898,990 Kilometres were cycled (up from 727,753 in 2011)
• 208,629 Kilograms of CO2 were saved from entering the atmosphere (up from 168,839 in 2011)
Congratulations to each of you for putting on a tremendous event in your community!! As you can tell from the statistics above, your incredible efforts have paid off! You’ve helped make a huge impact in your community and provincially!
Register for Bike To Work Week
Bike to Work Week takes place in Powell River from May 30 - June 5, 2011.
For information on how to register for Bike to Work Week 2011 check the following How to Register
For the first time, Bike to Work Week will be held in Powell River from May 31st to June 6th. Organizers have started planning for this excellent initiative. If you would like to get involved as a sponsor, participant or volunteer contact
Russell Brewer or call 604-485-0720 or 604-414-8310.