Bike to Work Penticton
1) DayDream Esthetics Studio & Spa, 1.5 hr Rejuvenating Facial - value $130.00
Ministry of Social Development
2) La Maison Vert, 3 hr. home cleaning, value $75.00
Okanagan College Penticton
3) Whole Food Market, Gift Basket
These teams can draw from the cyclists at their workplace to determine the winner! Congratulations and thank you for participating!
For the bike from The Bike Barn!
Hair on the Go
For the bike from Freedom Bike Shop!
Allen Maurer Architects
Congratulations to the winning teams!
Wow, a record high for both the weather and cyclists. There were 149 Cyclists visiting this morning’s Celebration Station who enjoyed Smoothies from Fresh Healthy Cafe, Blueberry/Raspberry Muffins & Breakfast Bars from The Bench Market, Coffee from Cherry Hill, and Tea from Nature’s Fare. Both the Bike Barn and Freedom Bike Shop once again kindly offered Bike and Helmet checks.
Thank you to the Volunteers who love the event and want to encourage cycling, donated their time to set up the morning Tents, Tables at 5:30am to be ready for cyclists at 7:00am and for helping again with take down and clean up. Thank you also to Brian from Downtown Penticton Association for setting up the road closure and also helping with set up and take down. So much appreciated!!!
There are a few more Team Prizes this year - After the Bike Draws, the following will be drawn:
Thank you to:
1) DayDream Esthetics Studio & Spa in Penticton for donating a 1.5 hr Rejuvenating Facial - value $130.00!!!
2) La Maison Vert, for donating a 3 hr. home cleaning, valued at $75.00!!!
3) Whole Food Market for donating a lovely Gift Basket filled with much goodness!!!
Draw will be this afternoon. Team Leaders! Please remember to enter your team results for BTWW! Only teams with results entered will be in the draw for the bikes! If you have any questions or need help email email@example.com and Rowena will help you! You wouldn’t want to miss out on the chance to win bikes donated by Freedom Bike Shop and The Bike Barn!! Only the work place team needs to be registered and results entered. If your team name is drawn, the team leader will draw from the people who road their bikes to see which individual wins the bike.
Sun Tanning Weather today at #2 Firehall. There were 86 cyclists who visited this morning’s Celebration Station and enjoyed refreshments, snacks and chit chats. FortisBC Tent was busy with cyclists winning prizes, and Bike Barn was busy with Helmet and Bike Checks. Thank you so much for providing this service!!!
There were 8 draws today and the lucky winners are:
1) Heath McLeod, Ratiology Riders Team - Fresh Healthy Cafe Gift card
2) Steve Picton, Uplands School Team - The Bench Market Gift Card
3) Jenny Ayers, Summerland Secondary Team - Velo-Cab Pre-Dinner Tour Gift Card
4) Michele Webb , Jelly Belly Team - Burger 55 Gift Card
5) Colt Cash, SOEC Team - Whole Food Market Gift Card
6) Mike Panian - MoE/FLNRO Team - The Bike Shop Gift Card
7) Christine Stasiuk, Pen Hi Team - Freedom Bike Shop Gift Card
8) Leisa Pearson, Pinchus Team - Grounded Mama Foot Reflexology Gift Card
The extra tents were up as it looked like rain but instead the sun shone. This morning, 84 cyclists visited the morning Celebration Station. Coffee was ready, with thanks to Wayne at Shaw TV who had the electricial cords ready for us to plug in.
There were 8 draws today and the Lucky Winners are:
1) Elizabeth Stokes, Good Samaritan Team - Fresh Healthy Cafe Gift Card
2) Jason Bloomfield, Pattison Pedalers Team - The Bench Market Gift Card
3) Pierre L’Esperance, CRA Team - Velo Cab Pre- Dinner Tour
4) Ray Turnbull, Penticton Health Team - Whole Foods Market Gift Card
5) Sharon Tyndall, GF Whittaker CGA Team - Peach City Runners Gift Card & Water Bottle
6) Jody Scotchburn, Uplands Team - The Bike Barn Gift Card
7) Liz Zischka, Penticton Health Team - Freedom Bike Shop Gift Card
8) Stephanie Staus, Haven Hill Team - Grounded Mama, Food Reflexology Gift Card
Wednesday - Shaw Cable Parking Lot (Corner of Duncan + Fairview Rd - across from The Cannery)
Thursday - #2 Penticton Fire Hall (285 Dawson Ave)
Friday - Nanaimo Square Downtown
Life is interesting when one takes a risk to plug in a second 100 cup coffee urn, and blows the breakers leaving some cyclists patiently waiting for a stronger cup of coffee. All worked out (as it usually does) with a big Thank you to David with the First Baptist Church for coming to our rescue.
The event was well attended with 104 cyclists dropping by. If you did not get a chance to play at the FortisBC tent, they will be set up again tomorrow morning (Wednesday) at SHAW Cable location - corner of Duncan and Fairview Rd, across from the Cannery. Reminder to enter your Team’s Kms cycled today.
Those who won prizes today can pick them up tomorrow at the Sign-In Table. Lucky winners are:
1) Carrie Brome, Parkway Eagles Team - Fresh Healthy Cafe Gift Card
2) Nona Lynn, RDOS Team - The Bench Market Gift Card
3) Shelly Mathis, Vitsen Photo’s Speedy Shaders - Velo-Cab Pre Dinner Tour
BTWW Kick Off Breakfast was a success with 139 visiting the Celebration Station at Gyro Park. We may not have had Sunshine, but we did not get poured on and the tents kept us dry from the sprinkle of rain. Thank you to all the businesses who loaned us tents (The Bike Barn, Freedom Bike Shop, RDOS, Nature’s Fare & to Peach City Runners for use of their tables too.)
Thank you too to all the volunteers who came out early morning to help with set up and with take down. If you missed visting the Granfondo and VeloCab, they will be by again at one of the other Celebration Stations. Penticton Area and Cycling Association will be available each morning to answer any of your questions regarding their Association. I noticed the Bike Barn and Freedom Tent were busy with their Free Bike and Helmet checks. I think I heard a pop at one of the tents, oops - a new tube was needed.