Team leaders are a critical component in making Bike to Work Week a resounding success. All team leaders receive a free BTW T-shirt, information kit and team prize package.
Team leaders are a catalyst to help co-workers create a new travel option to work. Giving the benefits of why fellow employees should try it, in a fun team atmosphere. Let them experience a new way of active living by incorporating their exercise routine enroute to work.
Team Leaders are supported by:
Team members will fill out the team participation sheet the days that they bike to and/or from work. Team leaders have posters and forms to post in their workplace to make it simple and easy to do. There are many benefits to being a leader:
- free BTWW T-Shirt
- a chance to boost morale within the workplace
- help others
- encouraging support for cyclists and cycling at the workplace
- demonstrating leadership and initiative at work
All that is required to be a team leader is the:
- desire to participate in Bike to Work Week
- desire to encourage participation in Bike to Work Week
Additional Support for Team Leaders:
- Free BTW Team Leader workshop, wednesday, May 8 5:00-6:45 pm
- Attend Bike Skills and Safety Course (only $20)
- FREE Information kit with promotional prize package
- On-line web support
- New Bike Buddy Hotline Program 250-540-5197
Questions: email or call BTW assistant Coordinator email@example.com
How do you get started?
- Choose a fun name for your company team.
- Register your team online at www.biketowork.ca/north-okanagan
- Pick up your FREE T-shirt and BTW promo pack at Vernon City Hall (3400 30th Street).
- Promote the Bike Safety and Skills Courses.
- Encourage your team! Think of some ways to create some fun competition and motivate your team.
- Before and during the event, act as an information hub and support person for your colleagues.
- Have participants check off the days that they ride to and/or from work on the team participation sheet. Remember to keep track of the total number of employees in your company (or department, which ever applies) at work each day.
- After the event, report your team participation results on-line and fill out a BTW-BC survey before Monday, June 11 2012.
- Celebrate your success!
Team Leader Resources:
Great videos to view and help motivate your team:
Get ready for Bike to Work Week