2012 Province-Wide Participation Results
Congratulations BC! We’ve had the highest participation YET in Bike to Work Week 2012! Here are some highlights:
- 19,439 Participants (up from 15,203 in 2011)
- 3,583 First-time commuter cyclists (up from 2,877 in 2011)
- 3,111 Workplace teams participated (up from 2,401 in 2011)
- 903,216 Kilometres were cycled (up from 727,753 in 2011)
- 209,610 Kilograms of CO2 were saved from entering the atmosphere (up from 168,839 in 2011)
Thank you to all who participated. You’ve helped make a huge impact on the environment, and you’ve been a positive influence to those around you. We hope you will choose to continue to cycle to work. Choosing to cycle instead of drive, even just once in a while, helps make a positive impact on your health and the environment!