Thank you to everyone who completed the 2012 Greater Victoria Bike to Work Week survey. We have drawn and notified the winner. Your responses are being compiled and will be critical in developing the 2013 event. We are grateful for all of the support and look forward to seeing you in the fall for Bike to Work Day on Wednesday October 3. Check back for more details in September!
Here’s How to Register:
- Check to see if your location is listed under the "Browse My Community" tab (if it is NOT, register under BC Communities)
- Please read the registration instructions below. If you need help please contact your local coordinator
- The system is designed for team leaders to register their team members, however you can be a team of one!
Congratulations BC! We’ve had the highest participation YET in Bike to Work Week 2012! Here are some highlights:
- 19,439 Participants (up from 15,203 in 2011)
- 3,583 First-time commuter cyclists (up from 2,877 in 2011)
- 3,111 Workplace teams participated (up from 2,401 in 2011)
- 903,216 Kilometres were cycled (up from 727,753 in 2011)
- 209,610 Kilograms of CO2 were saved from entering the atmosphere (up from 168,839 in 2011)
Story Number 1: "Well, it all started with a great deal on a road bike. My loving wife asked me what the heck I needed with another bicycle. I explained that the bike was only $200 and that I was hoping to ride to work…
Hello Bike to Work Week Team Leaders,
We have the results in from all the teams (thank you for submitting them in a timely manner) and the winning teams/ riders and random draws for team leaders have been selected. This year was our biggest and best so far, so thanks all you amazing team leaders for organizing your workplaces and inspiring your colleagues to get on their bikes and ride to work during Bike to Work Week (hopefully the rain of late hasn’t completely halted any momentum for continued riding throughout the summer months). There were 108 teams (up 48% from 2011), and 527 riders (up 75% from 2011) who rode a total of 20,493.23 km during the week - way to go!