Team leaders are a critical component in making Bike to Work Week a resounding success.
Team leaders help to bring Bike to Work Week and biking as a habit to the workplace. Team leaders provide tips, ideas, information and inspiration to fellow employees which gives these people an opportunity to explore the fun and health benefits of active living. Teams within a workplace will report to their teams leaders the days that they bike to and/or from work. The team leader will be given a form within their team leader package to keep track of this information, which they will then submit to the Bike to Work Committee.
Leaders are encouraged to read through the Team Leader Package (click on Resources tab above) that includes information on the history of BTWW, bike safety and maintenance information, a list of the benefits of cycling, ideas for motivating and inspirating their team, and a log form to keep track of their team’s progress.
There are many benefits to being a leader:
- helping others
- encouraging support for cyclists and cycling at the workplace
- demonstrating leadership and initiative at work
- free BTWW T-Shirt! (Your team members can purchase these great shirts by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org )
For those who want to see more people lead active, healthy lives being
a team leader - or assistant team leader if your organization already
has one or several - is a great way to inspire friends and colleagues!
All that is required to be a team leader is the:
- desire to participate in Bike to Work Week
- desire to encourage participation in Bike to Work Week
Additional skills and characteristics that will make a person more effective include:
- basic knowledge of cycling and cycling infrastructure
- energy to organize a special Bike to Work event for your workplace!
- Bike to Work will supply the necessary components for team leaders.
How do you get started?
- Choose a fun name for your company team
- Review the registration instructions by clicking here.
- Register your team online by clicking the orange button "Create Team" above here on this page, in the "Team Info" box.
- Encourage your team! Check out the list of ways to create some fun competition and motivate your team below.
- Before and during the event, act as an information hub and support person for your colleagues.
- Have participants check off the days that they ride to and/or from work on the Team Participation Sheet (download it below). Remember to keep track of the total number of employees in your company (or department, which ever applies) at work each day.
- After the event, report your team participation results on-line before Wednesday, June 8th.
- Celebrate your success!
For more information contact:
|Team_Participant_Sign_Up_Sheet 2013.pdf||386.42 KB|
|Team Leader Package BTWW 2013.pdf||957.07 KB|