2013 Bike to Work Week
Registration is open, Register NOW!
Stay tuned, resources are coming soon!
Check out our "Choose locations" menu to see if your community has an official Bike to Work Week event. If not, contact Terri-Lynn Gifford, Provincial Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to see about organizing an event in your community!
If your community is listed, for local resources and assistance please contact your local coordinator.
Regardless whether your community is officially participating or not, you may register a workplace team. If your community is not listed, you can register under BC Communities. You can be a team of one if you don’t work anywhere with a team.
Each "official" location has its own poster and promotion. If you are under "BC Communities" there is a generic poster you can download and print (under home page).
2012 Bike to Work Week Event Outcomes
Congratulations BC! We’ve had the highest participation YET in Bike to Work Week 2012! Here are some highlights:
- 19,439 Participants (up from 15,203 in 2011)
- 3,583 First-time commuter cyclists (up from 2,877 in 2011)
- 3,111 Workplace teams participated (up from 2,401 in 2011)
- 903,216 Kilometres were cycled (up from 727,753 in 2011)
- 209,610 Kilograms of CO2 were saved from entering the atmosphere (up from 168,839 in 2011)
2011 Bike to Work Week Event Outcomes
Statistics for Bike to Work Week 2011 accross BC include:
- 15,166 Registered Participants
- 2,877 First Time Commuter Cyclists
- 2,401 Registered Workplace Teams
- 168,268 kg of CO2 Saved From Entering the Atmosphere
- 727,467 km Cycled
- 7,085 Female Riders
Past Bike to Work Week Events
In 2010, Bike to Work BC included participation from 21 communities across the Province, with 14, 544 riders, 2,429 new riders, 2,320 teams, 561,664 kilometres travelled.
In 2009, Bike to Work BC included participation from more than fifteen communities across the Province and netted 22,358 total riders, including 6,483 new riders. The results for each community including photos and key sponsors have been profiled in the Bike to Work BC Annual Report for 2009.
Cyclists in 2009 travelled approximately 676,864.51km saving 187.49 tonnes in CO2 emissions.
Results from 2008 can be found in the Bike to Work BC Annual Report for 2008.