The 2nd Annual Golden Wheel Competition is back. Classrooms all over Campbell River will be participating in this competition by biking, walking, rollerblading, or carpooling to school during Bike To Work Week May 28-June 3.
It is easy to participate in the Golden Wheel Challenge… All you have to do is…
1. EMAIL: Meghan Lawley at email@example.com to let her know you want to participate in the challenge.
2. TRACK: the number of kids in your class that bike, walk, rollerblade or use alternative forms of transportation, other than a car, to get to school during Bike to Work Week
3. SUBMIT: your class results at the end of Bike To Work Week to be entered to win great prizes.
4. WIN PRIZES: The Elementary School with the greatest Green House Gas Savings will win a Pool Party at Centennial Pool and the Middle or High School with the greatest Green House Gas Savings will win $200 towards a “green” project at your school. The Teacher of the class with the greatest Green House Gas Savings will win $100 towards their Professional Development bank.
Why should your class participate in the Golden Wheel Challenge?
Students that participate in the Golden Wheel Challenge can enter to win daily prizes at their school;
- Walking, biking, and rollerblading to school can help children meet their daily physical activity requirements;
- Kids who are physically active show marked improvements in concentration, ability to pay attention and are more likely to behave and perform well in school, and
- You will be doing something great for the environment!
Click here for the Golden Wheel Information Brochure.
For more information contact Meghan Lawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-286-1161
Thanks to the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation for funding the Golden Wheel Competition!